It’s back to school and the routine we all know and love starts again! I spend hours getting the school uniform ready, helping out with homework, doing the school run, so there is not a great deal of time left to think of ways to create healthy, tasty packed lunches everyday!
With the help of child nutrition consultant Charlotte Stirling-Reed and kids favourites World of Warriors, they have teamed together to inject some fun and flavour into lunchtime.
World of Warriors is the latest brand from the awesome Mind Candy, the brand behind the extremely popular Moshi Monsters!
It is a fun interactive game which you can download and explore the world of the Wildlands. Once you have entered the Wildlands you can build your army of some of history’s greatest warriors including Vikings, Samurai, Romans and Knights, which you can train and evolve as you play
Create fun lunches for your World of Warriors fans
With wonderful, fun and nutritional world of warriors themed meal plans, one for everyday of the week, boring school packed lunches will be a thing of the past. I have followed the meal plans to see just how easy they are to put together and more importantly how well they went down with the kids! The meal cards (one for each day – Monday to Friday) contain simple, effective and healthy lunch time ideas that take no time at all to achieve. The five meal plans include lots of fruit and vegetables, used in an inventive, child friendly way!
Monday – Roman Rampage Pitta Pizza
- A small wholemeal pitta bread with a spreading of tomato puree, sweet corn or mushrooms, squares of ham and cheese.
- Chopped grapes and strawberries
- Natural yogurt and a small banana
Tuesday – Heroic Wholemeal Pasta Salad
- Wholemeal pasta with tuna and sweetcorn, mixed together with natural yoghurt.
- Viking sized apple chunks with squeezed lemon juice on top to stop any nasty browning!
- Cucumber & carrot sticks
- Fistful of cherries
Wednesday – Stealth-Conscious Sarnie
- Houmous and cucumber or egg and cress on a wholemeal bread roll.
- Cheese squares and a fistful of cherry tomatoes
- One sneaky satsuma
- Baby corn and celery sticks
Thursday – Aztec Fury Wrap
- Mighty chicken and salad wrap (lettuce, onion and tomato) in a small wholemeal wrap with or without couscous.
- Yogurt and raisins
- A small kiwi fruit
- Mini bread sticks and homous dips
Friday – Brutus’ Bone-Crunching Crackers
- Four whole grain crackers with Marmite and cheese.
- Beans and avocado salad
- Pineapple and melon chunks
- Hard boiled egg
- Buttered bread soldiers
Here I have created Monday’s Roman Rampage Pitta Pizza Lunch Box
The benefits of World of Warriors lunchtime meal ideas
- Each day is balanced to make sure it meets current recommendations for a healthy lunchbox in line with official guidelines
- The lunch boxes are so varied so children get a wide range of foods and nutrients throughout the week
- These meal ideas all ensure children are getting plenty of energy, fibre and iron which are all important for your children’s health.
- They are generally very easy to prepare and adapt to include your child’s own preferences
- Each lunchbox helps to top – up their fruit and vegetable intake getting them well on their way to their 5 a day.
The meal suggestions are designed around the five most popular World of Warriors characters; Crixus, Gunnar, Kuro, Zuma and Brutus – to help educate and encourage children to make an association between healthy food choices and fun.
To make the packed lunches even more fun, World of Warriors have launched an epic back to school range with a very impressive packed lunch consisting of lunch bag, generous sized water bottle and snack pot set RRP: £10.50 and this World of Warriors rucksack to transport their lunch to school RRP: 10.00
Win a World of Warriors rucksack and Lunch bag set
Fancy winning a full set for your child? Well now you can as World of Warriors have sent one extra set consisting of the World of Warriors rucksack and Lunch bag set for one of our lucky readers to win!
Simply visit our competition page here to enter!
To find out more about World of Warriors, check out the official website here for lots of facts and fun activities for your child to do.