Last month I turned 37 years old.Panic struck within me as I realised I was on the slippery slope to hitting the big 40!
I know that 40 is the new 30, but still each year that passes makes me a little bit more anxious about that big birthday. Instead of focusing on the bad points, like more wrinkles and been defined by a number, I have decided I do not want to get to 40 without trying new things, learning some new skills and just living life to the maximum.
Over the last two weeks I have thought about the things I have always dreamed of doing, sometimes just simple things like spending more quality family time together to the more unrealistic dreams of taking a cruise or being a ranger for a day at the Zoo.
I have put together this bucket list with 40 things I would love to experience before I hit, you’ve got it 40!
So here is my list containing some very ordinary and others a little more extraordinary things I aim to tick off my Bucket list.
- Learn new Languages, particularly Italian.
- Go to Italy and be able to speak the language.
- Go watch a film at the cinema on my own whilst the kids are at School.
- Have an adventurous hair cut or colour, or both!
- Join a gym and tone up my wobbly bits!
- Stay in a B&B for the first time.
- Visit Scotland for the first time.
- Go look for the Loch Ness Monster
- Take my family to Ireland as amazingly we have never been!
- Enjoy a break in Wales.
- Spend more family quality time.
- Learn Yoga or Tai Chi.
- Visit Buckingham Palace and other London Landmarks with my family.
- Read more books.
- Learn to take photographs like a pro.
- Take afternoon tea with my Mum.
- Spend more time with my Nanna.
- Go on a family beach holiday.
- Loose 1 stone in weight.
- Start taking vitamins and eating better and sticking to it.
- Ditch the chocolate buttons.
- Go on a boating weekend.
- Go on a girly spa weekend.
- Play Monopoly and don’t stop until someone has won, no matter how long it takes!
- Have cream tea in Devon and/or high tea in York ( I still cannot believe I haven’t been to York)
- Volunteer my time at a shelter, or other worthy cause.
- Sleep in a Tree house.
- Go on a cruise… anywhere warm and full of culture.
- Throw my husband a surprise 40th Birthday Party.
- Ride every roller coaster at Alton Towers in 24 hours.
- Have an animal Feeding day at a Zoo or be a ranger for the day at Chessington World of Adventures.
- Learn to Meditate or do Reiki.
- Take dance lessons in Salsa or Jive.
- Become a penpal ( I used to be a pen pal to over 100 teens when I was growing up!)
- Have a full day with a duvet watching old Musicals and singing along.
- Make a playlist that I actually like.
- Stay in a B&B at the seaside, something which I have never done.
- Host an Hawaiian themed party/BBQ just for the sake of it!
- Have a date night every month.
- Renew my wedding vows in a church and have our rings blessed.
Do you have a bucket list? If so how successful have you been with yours?