If you’re like me! You will often crave a little something different at lunch. So here is a great Cheesy Tuna Melt Recipe that’s actually quite easy to make and will fulfil your Cheesy Tuna cravings.
The sandwich contains Leerdammer Cheese which contains 50% Less fat than cheddar cheese. So, If you are going to attempt to make this Cheesy Tuna Melt then certainly consider using this as your cheese option.
This is a perfect quick lunchtime treat which takes around 15 minutes to prepare. It’s a great healthy alternative to the classic favourite cheese on toast option.
To create the Cheesy Tuna Melt Sandwich, I used the following ingredients:
- 2 x thickly sliced pieces of uncut white bread
- 2 slices of Leerdammer light cheese
- 1 can of Tuna
- 3 Spring onions
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- Olive oil
- Light Mayonnaise
- Dice the red & green peppers, spring onions and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the can of Tuna to the mix.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil onto the tuna, peppers and spring onions.
- Mix together with light mayonnaise.
- Place 2 slices of Leerdammer Cheese on to the thickly cut bread.
- Add the mixed filling to one slice of bread, place the second slice of bread on top. Now you’re ready for grilling.
- Pop the sandwich under the grill for approximately 5 Minutes. Wait until it is slightly toasted on top and the cheese is melting.
- I melted mine to perfection on my George Foreman grill.
- Garnish with fresh rocket & hand cooked crisps.
If you are after a tasty treat packed with Vitamin D then give this recipe a try to liven up your lunchtimes or as a tasty, healthy, low fat treat anytime!
Yesterday I created an AVOCADO SANDWICH WRAP which went down a treat with my husband in his packed lunch. All this week, I’m using Leerdammer cheese to create simple, delicious sandwiches. I hope you come back tomorrow for another easy to prepare sandwich.
*In collaboration with Leerdammer*