When a very special delivery arrived from Lindt it didn’t take long for me to find willing volunteers to taste test the Lindt Swiss Luxury selection, an exquisite selection of milk, dark and white swiss chocolate Masterpieces.
I normally buy Lindt chocolates for friends and family for Birthdays, Christmas and especially Easter so it was a nice treat to actually have a full box to myself. well, until my boys descended on them, but it’s always good to get a few opinions.
The 445g gift box has been created by Lindt’s Swiss Master Chocolatier with special care and attention to detail. Allowing you to experience a unique chocolate journey with those chocolate masterpieces.
Lindt Swiss Luxury Selection taste test – It would be rude not to!
Not only are these little chocolate wonders packaged beautifully they look stunning when you first take a look at them inside the box all arranged perfectly and almost too good to eat, I did say almost!
Here are our Top 7 choices
- Cornet d’Or – The first chocolate everyone was immediately drawn to was the Cornet d’Or. A pretty cornet shaped chocolate wrapped in a shiny gold paper which contained a silky praline center infused with full-bodied almond aroma covered in Lindt’s best milk chocolate.
- Truffe Noire – A very indulgent dark chocolate cupe filled with a rich truffle centre topped with chocolate morsels. The contrast of the truffle centre was complimented well with the light crunch of the chocolate morsels which decorate the top of this chocolate. The high-quality chocolate used definitely showed in the Truffe Noire.
- Coeur a l’Orange – My partner is a huge fan of caramel and orange so this was the perfect chocolate for him, a layer of luscious orange caramel lies atop intense dark chocolate ganache. I did notice all these went missing from the box very quickly!
- Amande Croquante – A divine melt-in-your-mouth almond praline and crispy amaretti pieces topped with a hand-placed almond roasted to perfection. My partner and eldest son could not resist the sugar almond on top. The texture was similar to biscotti, the balance of sweetness and crunch, Perfecto!
- Triangle aux Noisettes – A praline center with crunchy bits of hazelnuts and biscuit surrounded by signature Lindt milk chocolate. My youngest son said it was like a mix of Toblerone and Feast only better!
- Macchiato – A Star-shaped temptation – A milk chocolate cup filled with aromatic coffee cream, topped with mild white chocolate. My eldest son’s top choice!
- Rond de Pistache – An exquisite masterpiece, a Succulent pistachio marzipan coated with finely decorated bittersweet chocolate. A must for any marzipan fan as this was the best I have ever tasted.
- As much as we enjoyed practically all of the chocolates there is always one that catches you out and that is definitely an acquired taste. The Batons Kirsh is a contrast between the best Swiss Kirsch liquor in a shell of fine Lindt chocolate, definitely a wolf in sheep’s clothing in our house!
The LINDT Maîtres Chocolatiers wanted Lindor truffles to become a blissful treat every month of the year, and they worked their magic to make this dream to come true. Based on the exquisite truffle ball, the Maîtres Chocolatiers also endeavoured to create other Lindor melting experiences in different formats, such as in chocolate bars, in Easter eggs and in other chocolate treats. Of course, these new creations based on the famous recipe melted in the mouth perfectly. Since then aficionados and connoisseurs have enjoyed their favourite chocolate all year round and agree that Lindor is right for any season. Whether it’s snowing or the sun is shining, Lindor is perfect for any moment…
*Disclaimer – We were sent these chocolates to taste and share our thoughts and opinions with our readers*