Pasta is a very popular dish in our house. Not only is it tasty, It can be so simple and quick to make and after a busy day at work or at home with the kids, a quick dish that’s tasty and healthy is all you want!
I was challenged by Barilla, Italy’s biggest pasta brand to come up with my favourite after School Pasta dishes to share with my lovely readers.
Homemade Meatballs with Spaghetti
I got the kids in the kitchen to help make homemade meatballs using lean minced beef and marinating with garlic, salt & Pepper and herbs. We left these overnight in the fridge to make sure they were rich in flavour.
- The next day we browned the meatballs in a frying pan in a little olive oil
- Next, we added a Barilla tomato & Basil sauce to the meatballs and left to simmer in the sauce for just over 10 minutes.
- Whilst these were cooking we added our spaghetti to a boiling pan of water and left to cook.
- Once the spaghetti was cooked, we added our meatballs and sauce.
Easy Mediterranean Vegetables Pasta Dish
For this amazingly simple pasta dish, we used Barilla Tortiglioni, one of the most famous pasta shapes from Naples.
- We cooked the Tortiglioni in boiling water for 12 minutes
- After draining the pasta, we stirred in a full jar of Barilla Mediterranean Vegetable pasta sauce. A combination of 100% Italian tomatoes, ripe courgettes, plump aubergines and sweet peppers
- As simple as that, we added a little cheese and served with garlic bread
What are your favourite Pasta dishes? Do you have any quick dishes for busy parents for midweek tea meals?
*In collaboration with Barilla*