I love ambience and setting the mood quite nicely in my own home. Having a young family can often make simple pleasures like real candles a little dangerous. There is now a safer option in the form of Remote control candles which are a great alternative and in the long run probably cheaper than normal everyday candles.
Why I need Remote control candles!
I don’t know about you but I love to add a bit of ambiance to my living room. On an evening and sometimes on a day time candles can make your home feel cosy. Personally, I tend to place candles and atmospheric lighting around the home because it helps me relax. After a hard day at work or a stressful day getting everything ready for the kids, us a parents need a little R&R.
As the nights become darker and winter sets in all any parent wants to do is kick back and relax in your pyjamas. I also think it looks nice for when visitors come to your home. Atmospheric lighting really adds a special touch to the home and makes special occasions like Christmas feel far better. Before this remote control candles review I had never really thought about not using real candles.
Remote Controlled Candles Benefits
- No fire is required to light your candles.
- Last for days rather than hours.
- Remote candles can be dimmed or brightened to suit your needs.
- Can be left on throughout the day/evening without having to worry about house fires or accidents in your home.
- The remote candles are made from real wax so they still look realistic.
The Con’s of remote candles.
- No scent is present when you use the candles like you would have when using let’s say a Yankee Candle.
- Requires batteries. I did notice a difference in glow after around 1 week. The candles seemed to dim quite quickly but to be honest I was using them during the winter period for around 8 hours each night.
The Remote Control Candles do look rather nice and are fully controllable. All three candles can be controlled at the same time using the neat little remote control that comes with the candles. I love this feature because it makes things a little easier if you want to activate the candles from a distance.
These remote controlled candles actually appear as though they have been used. I know they haven’t but they do look realistic which is a rather nice touch.
My husband was not aware that I had purchased these remote controlled candles. He works shifts so when he arrived home late one evening, he did comment about how lovely they looked. He didn’t know they were not real at first and he actually looked shocked when he found out they weren’t.
He commented how lovely they looked and when I told him they were not real candles they were actually battery operated, he was truly shocked. Now I use them all of the time and they really compliment my home decor quite nicely.
What to expect when buying the Remote controlled candle set.
- Now when the product arrives you get three flame-less candles of various sizes. This helps when coming to arranging them and gives a more authentic look and feel around your home.
- The remote control can reach the remote candles upto 6 metres away.
- The candles have a Timer 4 to 8 Hours long, so you can set and forget them.
- You can control the brightness of the candles and either have them flickering or in full light mode. I prefer the flickering mode myself as i like ambience on that setting and it really does make them look real.
- You can place the candles absolutely anywhere especially because they are safe you can set them and leave them around your home. I have tried mine so far in my kitchen, Living room and i have placed them in the bathroom whilst taking a long hot bubble bath “BLISS”. I would not recommend getting them wet but as long as they are placed away from water you will be fine and the product will not damage.
- The product boasts a massive 50,000 hours of glow.
- Each time you change the batteries the candles last for 200 hours alone so you certainly get a long lasting glow making the candles hassle free. You do require 2 x AAA Batteries per candle so Six batteries overall and the remote come with a long lasting watch style battery already supplied. As above I did notice a distinct difference in lighting after heavy use over the period of 7 days.
Overall this is a perfect product with massive benefits in and around your home. I love them and I am sure you will too.
Your turn! Have you bought these remote control candles? I would love to hear your thoughts on the product below.
(Disclaimer – This post contains Amazon affiliate links. I was sent the product for review by Paramountzone. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)