Garlic, lemon & sweet chilli chicken with McCain sweet potato fries.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (defrosted if frozen)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 lemon
- 100mls sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- McCain Sweet Potato Fries
- 625g freshly frozen mini corn cobs
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 210°C/gas mark 7.
- Lay the chicken breasts on a large piece of greaseproof paper, fold it over to cover them and then bash with a rolling pin until about 1cm thin. Discard
- Discard the paper and place the chicken breasts into a freezer bag then wash your hands
- Add the crushed garlic, zest and juice of the lemon, sweet chilli sauce, oil and black pepper. Close the bag, give it a bit of a jig and a squish’ to distribute the marinade evenly and place in the fridge for 10 minutes whilst the oven Preheats.
- Spread the McCain Sweet Potato Fries evenly in a single layer onto a baking tray and pop onto the top shelf of the oven. Bake for 17 – 20 minutes, turning twice until crisp and light golden.
- Place a fresh piece of baking paper onto a baking tray; place the marinated breasts onto the tray with a little space between each one. Discard any leftover dressing left in the bag.
- Once the fries have been baking for about 5 minutes place the tray of chicken on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until cooked through.
- In the meantime cook the corn by either microwaving for 5 minutes (800W) on full power in a large dish covered with clingfilm and pierced several times or boiling for 12 minutes on the hob. Whichever method you prefer, drain before serving.
- Assemble the chicken, fries and corn onto plates and tuck in!
I found this recipe much easier to master than I ever expected, in fact preparing the Garlic, lemon & sweet chilli chicken was so simple and was very contained to the one bag which saved on the washing up.
Once the Chicken was cooking in the oven all that was left to do was cook the frozen McCain Sweet potato Fries and pop the frozen sweetcorn in the microwave, simple!
Here are the final results, a meal that not only looked fantastic but smelled delicious too. This was a huge hit at the dinner table, especially with my eldest son who is training to be a personal trainer as was very impressed with the protein-packed meal.
“I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Network Research Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity. I have received a voucher as a token of thanks for this post”. to www.mumsnet.com/bloggers-network
*I have received a voucher as a token of thanks from Mumsnet for this post*