I am very pleased to announce that I will be working with Jakemans Menthol confectionary to share advice with my readers on the best tips to ease a sore throat during these cold winter months and of course, give you my personal recommendations on which help ease my throat and taste the best!
At this time of year, it is inevitable you will suffer from time to time with a sore throat. You end up feeling horse and need a little something to help soothe sore throats and keep airways clear. Here are my top tips for soothing a sore throat.
Jakemans Top Tips For a Sore Throat
Over-using our voices is unavoidable when living in a busy family home, so instead consider trying these top tips on how to steer clear of a sore throat from leading pharmacist and Jakemans expert, Marvin Munzu:
- Breathe Easy – Breathing through the nose, rather than the mouth, is a wonderful way to filter the air we breathe of bacteria and other harmful irritants before they enter the body. The nose is a miraculous filter lined with tiny hairs called ‘cilia’, which help to filter, humidify and warm or cool the air we breathe, therefore protecting our bodies against particles of foreign matters.
- Swallow It – Swallowing regularly helps to cleanse the throat. Saliva keeps our mouths healthy and prevents infections by controlling bacteria and fungi in the mouth. The natural saliva our bodies produce helps to rinse the throat of any unwanted bacteria that could contribute to a sore throat.
- Avoid Alcohol – Before you turn to a tipple, think again as alcohol can do more harm than good when suffering from a sore throat. The old wives’ tale that alcohol ‘disinfects’ the throat is, unfortunately, a myth. In fact, drinking alcohol is much more likely to irritate than soothe a sore throat.
- Shower Power – The humid environment of a steamy bathroom when relaxing in a hot bath or shower can help prevent the lining of the throat from becoming too dry and irritated – a common cause of a sore throat.
- Brush It Off – If you’re plagued with a sore throat that seems to come back time and time again, buy a new toothbrush. Bacteria collects on the bristles, and if you injure your gums as you brush, they can enter your system and re-infect you.
With a busy home life and talkative little ones, Jakemans helps to soothe a sore throat, making the delicious menthol confectionery a secret weapon for parents. Offering a soothing solution in a variety of delicious flavours available in 100g bags including handy stick packs in its two most popular flavours, Throat & Chest and Honey & Lemon. Each sweet is bursting with menthol – a natural ingredient that releases natural vapours to soothe symptoms and contains only the finest ingredients with no artificial colours or flavours. Perfect for carrying in your handbag or keeping in the car offering relief whenever and wherever you are.
The Jakemans Honey & Menthol and the Cherry soothing menthol sweets are my top picks as they are enjoyable to eat and really do soothe my throat and help me breathe more easily.
Jakemans is available from convenience stores, grocers and pharmacies nationwide, 100g bags retailing at 96p and stick packs retailing at 69p.
Jakemans was established in 1907 and there is little they don’t know about creating delicious menthol confectionery – given they’ve been doing it for over 100 years. They continue to invest in technology advance equipment ensuring their menthol confectionery remains the best in Britain.
The current Jakemans range includes:
Throat & Chest and Honey & Lemon in 10 sweet stick packs and the following flavours in traditional 100g bags; Throat & Chest, Honey & Lemon, Cherry, Peppermint, Menthol & Eucalyptus, Blackcurrant, and Blueberry.
Made with only the finest ingredients, Jakemans contain no artificial colours or flavours and are suitable for vegetarians. Jakemans is available from major supermarkets, pharmacies and convenience stores.
*Disclaimer – I have tried and tested the full range of Jakemans menthol confectionary and all thoughts are my own*