In this post we put the Vitamix 750 Professional series blender against the Sage by Heston Blumenthal, otherwise known as The Boss against each other. We do this by testing the products and their features with identical recipes to see how they fair. Will the £150 difference between the two blenders make any difference at all? Let’s see!
Why I bought a professional blender
Over the past year I have been using a blender practically on a daily basis. I upgraded my run of the mill kitchen blender and invested in a professional style kitchen blender The Vitamix 750 series. These type of blenders do not come cheap, but for such a versatile product that makes hot soup, Ice creams, mills and much more, for me It was worth the £650 price tag!
I never thought any product would better the Vitamix 750 series, so I was intrigued to learn about a new professional blender on the market from Sage by Heston Blumenthal called The Boss. This blender costs around £150 less than it’s Vitamix rival, which for a family can make a big difference in this day and age.
In this blender showdown, lets see which performs the best! You will see both the Vitamix and The Boss in action. I will give you my honest opinion after using both blenders in my kitchen. Did one outshine the other? Which one would I purchase? Which blender is best for my family?
Vitamix 750 Vs Sage The Boss Video Review
Here are the stats on both machines
- Automated Blending – Five pre-programmed settings ensure simple cleaning, walk-away convenience, and consistent results for smoothie, frozen dessert, soup, and purée recipes.
- Easy Cleaning – With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
- 7-Year Full Warranty
- Low-Profile 2.0-litre Container
- 2.2-peak horsepower motor
- Brushed Stainless Steel
- Price £650.00
- Pre-set Functions for; Green Smoothie, Smoothie, Frozen Dessert, Soup, Ice Crush
- Variable 12 Speed Control
- 2lt commercial grade Triton jug
- 3 Horse Power Motor
- Pro Kinetix Contoured Blade and Bowl System
- Large Back Lit LCD Screen
- Die cast base, stainless steel blades
- 7 Year Limited Product Warranty
- Price £499.95
If I were to highlight the key strengths of the Boss, then I would say the price point is very competitive compared to similar products on the market. It has an extremely powerful motor and is the first blender to feature the Green Smoothie function,which is great for healthy living.The most impressive feature for me was the self-cleaning mode, which actually cleaned every trace of sticky nutella from the jug.
After watching the video, which one would be your choice?
We were sent the Sage by Heston Blumenthal – The Boss for Review