Personally I am a massive fan of unique looking party treats and It makes me smile when people ask ‘How did you make those?’. One of the best party treats I have found that go down well with the kids at parties are Cake Pops and they are so easy to make. I mean I am not the worlds best cook, but even I can make these look pretty good.
Cake pops have become an extremely popular party treat, which are simply perfect for kids parties. This Easy Recipe makes a fun alternative to cakes and cupcakes. They look amazing and kids can carry them anywhere whilst they play and have fun, making very little mess.
Today I will give you the recipe I use and show you How to make Cake pops.
To Create these Cake Pops you will need the following ingredients.
- Cake mix of your own choice.
- Cake Pop Baking mould
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Cake Pop Stand or Styrofoam Block. ‘You need something that the Cake Pop sticks can be inserted into.’
How to make Cake Pops.
- Mix together all the ingredients for your favourite cake recipe, then using a cake pop baking mould, carefully spoon mix into each individual mould. The mould will produce 20 perfectly shaped cake pops – Once baked for 15 to 18 minutes, be sure to leave the cake pops to cool for around 20-30 minutes before you start the decorating.
- Once cooled, securely place your cake pop sticks into each ball of cake whilst in the mould. “A top tip is to dip the top of each stick in icing before attaching to each cake ball, this will add extra stability to your cake pops.”
- There are numerous ways to decorate your cake pops – to get the most professional finish, we suggest standing your cake pops using a simple Styrofoam block or a cake pop stand to keep them secure when decorating.
- The easiest way to decorate your cake pops is to simply dip them into melted chocolate, followed by sprinkles, edible glitter, mini marshmellow or even more chocolate for a tasty treat. For a more creative approach, add food colouring to white chocolate to create a rainbow of brightly coloured cake pops
- As a finishing touch, simply tie a small ribbon in a beautiful bow at the base of each cake pop.
We hope you enjoyed Learning how to make cake pops as much as we did! Cake pops also work very well for baby showers or just as a small treat for your family.
“Disclaimer this post may contain affiliate links”