During the Easter Half Term Holidays, we were fortunate enough to have a rare family day out together, this time at Sea Life Aquarium centre in Manchester located inside the Trafford Centre. It is one of my favourite Places to go with Kids for a spot of shopping, whilst keeping them happy as the take look around an aquarium full of amazing aquatic species.
In the most unlikely setting adjoined to a Shopping Centre, we were transported into an amazing underwater world at the UK’s newest Aqua attraction. This Aquarium is truly a hidden gem. Kids not only have fun, but its a great educational experience for them (Actually I learnt a thing or two as well).
Places to go with kids: The Sea Life Aquarium
Entering the Sea life centre you travel to Turtle beach, where a guide presents a short talk along with state of the art technology to tell the tale of a newborn baby Turtle.
There is so much to see and do here from Sharks and clownfish to our personal favourite Ernie the Giant Green Sea Turtle. This Sea life Aquarium is Spread over 11 themed zones, there is enough here to suit everyone in the family, with a play area for the kids to run off steam. Even the teenagers were happy, enjoying snapping great pictures of the fish.
We learnt so many new facts about the sea creatures, conservation, breeding vulnerable species, rescuing of sea turtles and even got the chance to touch a crab and starfish in the Interactive Rock pool experience.
It was so much fun walking underneath creatures from sharks to a sea turtle, You can even take this one step further, if you are feeling daring that is and have a truly unique experience walking on the sea bed. For £60, you can take a 1-hour dive experience, including training and ten minutes walking on Europe’s first Seabed amongst Ernie the sea Turtle, Sharks, Rays and hundreds of fish. This indoor sea life aquarium is an experience suitable for ages 8+. You can still go shopping afterwards without wet hair as you wear a custom-made breathe easy helmet that does not even get your hair wet!
Before leaving, we got the chance to colour in and make our very own Ernie badges free, the gift shop was our final port of call. You could buy plush toy creatures, and all other Sea life memorabilia.
Opening Hours are 10am until 7 pm (Last admission 6pm).
- Ticket prices are much cheaper if you buy them on-line before you visit, with general admission prices costing £9.95 each on-line or £16.95 on the day. Children under 3, visit for free.
- For £19.00 on-line you can purchase a Fish & Bricks combi ticket. This type of ticket gets you entry and the family into both the Sea Life Aquarium and LEGOLAND Discovery Centre.
- The Sea life aquarium at the Trafford Centre do a very special Midweek Parent & Toddler ticket, admitting one child under five and one adult for a special on-line price of £12.00, the website has all the terms, conditions and exclusions, check out the ticket information.
We were lucky enough to then visit Legoland Manchester check out our review below:
Maybe you could take a look at our other family days out reviews for some great fun:
- Military Adventure Park
- Chessington World Of Adventures
- Legoland Windsor Review
- Pole Position Indoor Go Karting Experience
- Flow House Xscape Castleford Surfing Indoors
- Diggerland Castleford fun with the kids Review
- Chester Zoo family day