I love to have a nice sandwich or wrap on a lunch time, however I am not so keen on bland and boring Sandwich recipes. I have been experimenting a little and come up with a few ideas for great sandwich recipes starting with this tasty Avocado Sandwich Wrap Recipe which is really easy to make.
I was recently invited to become part of the 2015 Better with Leerdammer Blogger team. I have been challenged to create a sandwich, one for each day of the week with the ingredients provided. Leerdammer want to transform the everyday into something special, take a look at the Leerdammer TV advert here
My husband and children all have a daily packed lunch for work, school and college. So making sandwiches is something I am very used to doing. Lately, my family have been complaining that their lunches were lacking taste. I suppose I had got complacent and boring with my sandwich fillings. Now was never a better time to experiment with new ingredients to see what tasty creations my imagination could make.
The first sandwich I have created is a tasty Avocado Sandwich Wrap. I have never used Avocado in a sandwich before, In fact I had never even tasted one!
To create the Avocado sandwich wrap I used the following ingredients:
- balsamic vinegar
- sour cream
- Leerdammer original cheese
- Red onion
- Rocket salad
- small red or green pepper
- Tortilla wraps
If you like the look of this Avocado Sandwich wrap then I have provided the instructions to recreate it below.
- Dice the red onion, pepper, tomatoes and Avocado and add them to a mixing bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon mustard, sprinkling of mixed herbs and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the mix
- chop one slice of Leerdammer cheese into small pieces and add to the bowl
- lightly toss the ingredients together
- spread the mixed ingredients to the centre of a tortilla wrap
- Add rocket salad and 2 slices of Leerdammer original to cover the ingredients
- drizzle sour cream on to the tortilla and proceed to fold the wrap
- cut the wrap into two and garnish with a light salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing
It really is as simple as that to create such an interesting and delicious wrap for lunchtimes. No longer will my husband be eating ham sandwiches anymore, I cannot wait for him to open his packed lunch today and try this wrap too. I am sure he will think I have been to a deli and tried to pass it off as my own creation!
Another thing I love about this wrap is it is suitable for vegetarians too, so I will be able to recreate this again for my lunch in the future. I am excited to see what other creations I can make this week to make boring lunchtime sandwiches a thing of the past.
All this week, I’m using Leerdammer cheese to create simple, delicious sandwiches. I hope you come back tomorrow for another easy to prepare sandwich.
*In collaboration with Leerdammer*