When thinking of lots of fun activities throughout the school holidays for kids. We had a challenge to accomplish and we were asked to create an Easter Marshmallow Recipe which would make our taste spuds explode with joy.
Being Chocoholics it was decided this had to be part of our Easy Recipe which we were going to make to take part in a Center Parcs challenge. This is our recipe which we loved making as you may be able to see below.
For this recipe we used the following ingredients:
- 2 Large Easter Eggs
- 1 pack of American Jumbo Marshmallows
- Melting White Chocolate
- Mini chocolate eggs for decoration
- Milk & White Chocolate mini sprinkles
- Wooden Skewers
Decorate your Marshmallows for a gift using
- Rubber bands
- Easter straw
- Fake decorative eggs & sparkly eggs on sticks
- We started off by cracking the chocolate egg into a large bowl and breaking it in to small pieces ready for melting and occasionally pinching a piece!
- I then melted the Milk chocolate egg until it simply oozed off the spoon like liquid chocolate heaven.
- At this point we did have a slight sugar rush moment and a mini chocolate fight, I really don’t know who was having the most fun!
- After washing our hands again we coated the Jumbo marshmallows half with milk chocolate and the other half with white chocolate.
- Now for the messy part ( Jakes Favourite.) We gently placed a skewer through the centre of the coated chocolate Marshmallow first milk and then the white chocolate and so on.
- You can use any sweet treats to top your Marshmallow treats my eldest son fancied coconut sprinkled on top of his and I had little pieces of broken chocolate egg sprinkled on mine, Use your Favourite treats or any sweets you have in the house work well too. Just use a little imagination and you can not go too far wrong.
- We used little mini eggs and milk and white chocolate strands (like the ones you top Ice Cream with.)
- We then laid the finished skewers on a plate to set slightly whilst adding the finishing touch the toppings.
- Into the Fridge our delicious creations go just for 10 – 15 Minutes and then ready for the decorating.
- I wrapped the scrummy skewers in cellophane available from any craft shop to turn our sweet creations into a fantastic Easter Gift, a great alternative to Easter Eggs and really special as they were made by hand with love and Chocolate Fingers!
- I secured the ends with rubber bands and added Easter Ribbons and decorative eggs.
- For displaying I laid the Skewers on a bed of Easter straw and dotted decorative eggs all around.
- All the decorative material was really easy to find from My local Pound shop & Pound land.
A Great Easter Egg Alternative