The safety of your child is very important and car seats are a legal requirement within the UK. Although the law changed in 2006 there are still number of parents allowing their children to travel without car seats, which is not only dangerous but irresponsible too.
Often I see children whilst I collect my son from school being driven around without the additional safety measure. I even see children who do not even wear a seatbelt, which is even more dangerous than not having a car seat. Your child is precious and I am sure that no one else thinks this more than you do, but if they moan about any safety measure in the car be a parent and enforce them.
It is compulsory until children reach 4ft 5 inch tall (135cm) or become 12 years of age.
- Children under and up to the age of three are to be carried in an appropriate child seat.
- Exemptions for over 3 years for age in “Unexpected necessity”.
- Exemption if there are 3 children in the car, but only room for 2 car seats.
- Fines range from £30 rising to £500.
Car seats vary in price and in some cases, you can be spoilt for choice. Tesco for instance, have a great range of car seats available online and in store, they are great value and really, leave us parents no excuses for travelling without the protection for our children and leaving us open to unwanted fines.
- Graco Junior Maxi seat – Adjustable head support, retractable cup holders, washable & removable cover
- Kiddu Buddy Booster Seat – Breathable mesh fabric for comfort, conforms with european safety standards and can be used with vehicles 3-point seat belt system.
- Disney Princess Booster Seat – a superb budget price at £12.00 featuring Disney’s favourite princess. Designed to be used with a 3 point seat belt, washable & removable cover.
- Ferrari Max Seat – Stylish cover, height adjustable head support with a recline mechanism.
- Koochi Moto Hero Seat Mix Magenta – Height adjustable headrest, comfy padded armrests, compatible with 3-point seat belt system.
- Mamas & Papas – Cybex Aton. – Eclipse – Easy belt fit with one click base or ISOFIX base, Easy to get baby in and out with no seat belt obstruction, Maximum Weight Of Child:13Kg/28 LBs.
These car seats meet the legal requirements for keeping your baby, toddlers and tweens safe. The number of car’s on the road are increasing in the UK every year and in my opinion so are bad drivers, people seem to be rushing everywhere taking little notice of road signs and other road users making travel increasingly more dangerous. Do your part by making your child as safe as they deserve to be.
Written in collaboration with Tesco
Now you’re here! why not take a look at some of our other post below, please share this post on any social network to help spread the awareness.
- A Second baby can you love them the same? My Story
- BreastFeeding in public, My shocking findings
- You’re Never too old for Bedtime Stories