S’mores are an extremely popular sweet treat in America, yet here in the UK they are hardly ever eaten, in this post I will show you How to make S’mores outdoors using the Flamer Natural Fire Lighter Kit.
My boys love American sweets and we generally we visit specialist stores to purchase the goodies they love. S’mores are not a treat you can buy off the shelf,yet such an easy treat to make. This bonfire night we decided to celebrate in an unusual way for us, no fireworks or bonfire, but a simple family night around a fire we built in our fire pit. We all sat around our fire keeping cosy, keeping warm whilst learning how to make S’mores on the open fire.
Ingredients to make S’mores
- 1 packet of Digestive Biscuits
- 1 bag of Marshmallows (The larger the better).
- 1 Bar of your favourite Chocolate
- 1 Packet of Wooden Skewers
What the heck are S’mores?
What is a S’More? 😀 As defined by Wikipedia: A s’more (sometimes spelled smore) is a traditional night time campfire treat popular in the United States and Canada, consisting of a roasted marshmallow and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham cracker. National S’mores Day is celebrated yearly on August 10 in the United States.
How to make S’mores in 9 Steps
- Light a fire in a fire pit. We used the Fire Starter Kit By Certainly Wood with the star of the show being the Flamer Natural Fire Lighter allowing the fire to start in no time at all..
- Place a Marshmallow on you wooden skewer.
- Place above the fire not allowing the flames to touch the marshmallow and remember to constantly turn (this will allow the marshmallow to cook evenly.
- Do the above step for around 1 to 2 minutes you will see the mallow split whilst it gets soft and bubbly inside.
- Prepare 2 Digestive Biscuits and Place a layer of chocolate on the bottom biscuit.
- Once the Marshmallow is cooked place on top of the bottom biscuit.
- Here is the fun part place the second biscuit on the top of the marshmallow and gently squeeze together leaving a little bit of the mallow to squish out of the sides.
- Leave for around 1 minute and the Mallow melts the chocolate making the best tasting S’more ever.
- Grab a mug of hot chocolate to wash the S’more down and hey presto it’s an amazing treat all round.
That’s how to make S’mores, a really simple and effective easy recipe to make. No wonder S’mores are so big in America it’s a glorious treat for the whole family, although you can certainly taste the naughtiness. I hope you enjoyed learning how to make s’mores, they are such a delicious treat…
Check out some of our latest family reviews below!
- Bumbo Seat – A (Seriously) Essential Baby product – Review
- Dyson hot + cool fan AM05 for all Seasons
- Car Seats UK – Why Every child should have one!
- Dirty Dancing the musical 2014 Leeds Grand Theatre
- Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day 2014
- Top 10 Snuggly Family Christmas Movies
- Pokémon TCG: X Y— Unboxing Furious Fists Elite Trainer Box
- Pokemon Toys Latest X & Y Role Play by TOMY
- Pokemon X and Y Toys by Tomy Review